This set of 5 knitting needles is crafted from sustainable birchwood by an American family business. They are perfectly finished, very smooth. From the middle ages onwards knitting in rounds was widely spread, it was not until the 19th Century that knitting needles in pairs came into use. Like ours early needles were made from wood (or bone).
12,5 cm (5″) long.
They come in 8 fine sizes suitable for period projects:
- 2,00 mm = US 0 = UK / Canada 14
- 2,25 mm = US 1= UK / Canada 13
- 2,50 mm = US n.a. = UK / Canada n.a.
- 2,75 mm = US 2 = UK / Canada 12
- 3,00 mm = US n.a. = UK / Canada 11
- 3,25 mm = US 3 = UK / Canada 10
- 3,50 mm = US 4 = UK / Canada n.a.
- 3,75 mm = US 5 = UK / Canada 9